Who doesn’t love chocolate and did you know it’s fairly simple to make your own ? This one isn’t your regular dark chocolate instead I have used white cocoa butter for that silken melt in the mouth thin cocoa bark.Its perfect for holiday season for gifting and for just keep in store.Whenever you want to just take a quick bite.It makes in under 10min and well it’s not guilt-free but sure is easy as pie 🍨 Kids love it, you can wrap these up as a gift or serve as a snack on a picnic or road trip.Tripping out with chocolate 🍫 yes please !
How my chocolate tower collapsed 😂
Now there are billion of variations and ways you make bark, most common is with regular chocolate , don’t worry there will be more posts on chocolate bark in near future and so this one is the initial step.As far as toppings are concerned you can do dry fruit, you can add caramel, peanut butter,berries,coffee,candy melts,cookie crumble,crackers et.al.What I did was to create a faux marble texture using food color gel.I will share with you a link from where I got the food colour because I find it extremely good.Its a set of 8 shades and you can add it to your buttercream frostings, swirl it in homemade cookies and several baked goods.I used a tooth pick to achieve the very natural looking strokes in the bark.You can do a swirl with colours of your choice or add in some pattern to it if you wish to.
- White Compound or Cocoa Butter-100g
- Coconut Oil-1 teaspoon
- Food Colourings-few drops
- Tray and Parchment Paper-40×20 cm
- Start by grating your chocolate (cocoa butter)into small bits so that it melts evely and doesn’t burn.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to it and melt your chocolate either in a microwave or a double boiler.Since this is cocoa butter it’s very soft and about 45-60sec in a microwave works to perfection
- Now pour the molten cocoa butter on your parchment lined tray and spread evenly and as thin or thick as you like.Keep about a few teaspoons aside to colour
- Prepare coloured combinations by adding color gel to melted chocolate in your spoons.Simce you need very little I found spoons to be perfect for such less quantities
- Dip your toothpick in coloured chocolate and draw in patterns of your choice.You can also add drops of the melted coloured cocoa butter and then swirl.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 10-15min , white chocolate sets very fast.
- Break it into chunks or cut pieces of shapes you like and store in a airtight container for long term.
Hope you enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe and share your experiences in comments below.