Homemade sauces are always the best, they are devoid of preservative and high levels of sodium.They are super easy to make and perfect for times you have fresh fruits and veggies from th market.
- Fresh Tomatoes-4
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Green Chilli-1
- Salt- to taste
- Black Pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Oil -1 tablespoon
- Puree tomatoes into a fine paste, chop up onion and garlic and keep it ready
- Take a pan and add in oil bringing it to a medium low heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic and let it sweat to a translucent colour, add salt to prevent them from burning and sweating gently.
- Add in tomatoe purée and keep sautéing gently for about 5-10min till everything looks well combined and the salt thickens
- Season with cracked black pepper or any other seasoning of your choice, since this is Italian you can add oregano,thyme etc
- Cook it for another 5min and then let it cool
- Fill in an airtight jar for canning and use whenever
You can have marinara sauce with your pasta,apply it on homemade pizza,through it in a rigatoni pie,toss in veggies to make a stir fry.You can do so much with it !
Hope your enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe and share your experiences in comments below.