Penne Rigate with a Cheesy Twist <3
Here’s a closer look
- Pasta-Gourmet Penne Rigate by Del monte (buy here)-500g
- Spring Onions-3,4
- Garlic-7,8 cloves
- Ginger-1 inch piece
- Tomatoes-3 red organic
- Green Chilli-3,4
- Coriander/Parsley-a bunch
- Cheese-1 cup
- Oil-2 tablespoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1 tablespoon(optional for topping)
- Start by washing all your veggies because we know harmful pesticides can hurt you.
- Take a pot of boiling water and add in your penne Rigate by Del Monte to it along with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil and let it cook Al’ dente(partially cooked not completely as it will cook with the sauces also)
- Puree the tomatoes in mixer grinder and finely chop spring onion,chilli,ginger,garlic ,coriander and keep aside.
- Take a pan and add two tablespoon of oil and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add in 3,4 cloves of smashed garlic(not chopped) to flavour the oil,take it out once it turns dark brown.
- Sauté the onions, ginger and chopped garlic followed by pureed tomatoes for a good 5min.
- Add the strained penne to the pan (make sure you poured in cold water to the pasta after staring it to prevent them from sticking each other and stop the cooking process) and sauté for 3-4 min till everything is well combined
- Garnish with grated cheese, coriander,green chilli;you can add toppings of your choice also but I am keeping it simple
- Serve hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the top.Goes well with the garlic bread recipe I shared previously at the blog here.
Hope you enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe at home and share your experiences and thoughts in comments below.