Recipe , inspired by Sharon, at the Honour System.For the dip I have picked a Classic, Quesco Blanco Dip.These are perfect for game night or for binge watching Netflix over the weekend.All you need is a pack of saltine cookies, some seasoning and you’re in business.For the dip I have selected a cheesy dip because I feel we need some cheese to balance out the fire in the Alabama crackers.
These are so perfect because you can prepare them ahead of time. They usually last about a week in a cool dry place stored in an airtight ziplock bag.Leave the crackers overnight in the Ziploc bag and you are set for your party the next day. Did I mention they were easy? 😉 You can bake your crackers from scratch but I am feeling lazy, its Friday after all. All we need is a quick snack fix.You can moderate the chilis if you like, but they really are what makes this snack fun and unique. Like I said earlier, you could compliment it with something creamy to dip.
Hope you enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe and share your thoughts in comments down below. If you wish to share any ideas or suggestions, feel free to write to me at mailto: email@example.com
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- 2 packages Saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning or Cajun Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Half n Half
- 1 cup Cheese, Fontina or American
- 1/4 cup Mild Green Chilli
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno , pickled
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, fresh sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin, roasted
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- Add your saltine crackers in a ziplock bag , I used about two packs, which had about 20-24 cookies
- Drizzle in some olive oil and make sure you coat all your crackers generously
- Add in your favourite seasoning, you can do Cajun spices, five spice mix , Italian seasoning or just salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Let it sit for an hour or two to absorb the flavours and serve it to your guests with the awesome dip
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add the half and half, allow it to come to a simmer then slowly start adding the cheese while constantly whisking and continue to do that until all of the cheese has been added and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Add the green chilies, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, cook for 1 more minute, then transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly before topping it and serving it.
- Top it off with some fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeños and chopped tomatoes
- Toss it and make sure your crackers are generously coated with seasoning