Happy Easter y’all !! 🙂 y’all sounds so much more friendly than you all. Easter is celebrated all over the world , each time on a different date. Regardless of whether you do celebrate easter or not you don’t need an excuse to eat this moist and fluffy fruit cake. I didn’t add any artificial colours or flavours to this one, its all all natural.I have tried a lot of recipes for cake and the one I love the most is yellow cake. In case you missed I will link it down right here so that you can go ahead and look at it. I did a three tier cake with edible flowers and a buttercream frosting which is just perfect for spring.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 package Eggs,2
- 1 cup Tutti Fruiti
- Cream together butter and sugar till its pale yellow and fluffy.
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time to make sure the mix doesnt split
- Sift the flour, salt ,baking powder and soda and add to the mix
- Add in orange juice and butter milk .Don\'t be tempted to over-mix, a few seconds should do it
- Whip up the egg whites into soft peaks and fold in the cake mix using the cut and fold method making sure not to deflate the eggs.
- Preheat your over to 375F(180C). Bake for 20-25min till the crust is lightly golden brown
- Let the cake cool completely and cut with a sharp knife to serve