With summer right around the corner and we scream loud for some ice cream. So there you have it the Perfect Summer Treat Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake Ice Cream.This is a summer treat that will knock your socks off.Its very easy to make and trust me vegan ice cream besides being healthier and cruelty free is also super yummy. I will be honest that this one tends to melt v soon if the outside temperature is high so eat it quickly.It requires a handful of ingredients. If you want the non-vegan version go ahead and use heavy cream and whole milk instead of coconut milk. But here is my personal recommendation, give coconut milk a chance.This recipe will not disappoint you one bit.
Now I know the colour on my blueberries isn’t dark purple. That is because churning ice-cream makes it lose colour as it incorporates more with the milk and also I didn’t add any artificial colouring like store bough ice-cream. Its a 100% natural with no added preservatives or stabilisers.You are my friend and I am going to be honest as usual homemade ice creams seem intimidating and never (until now ) tried my hands on churning a fresh batch with coconut milk as a base no less.Ok now if you don’t like ice-cream I am not going to say anything but I don’t think we can be friends.I love ice-cream and have never met anyone who doesn’t. So I think there is something wrong with a person if they don’t like ice-cream. I know I am making no sense but for real I think I cant trust a person if they don’t like ice-cream.
I usually use natural lighting for my photos and unfortunately I clicked these during the evening so the graham cracker chunks look a tad bit weird in colour. I promise I’ll do better in my next ice-cream post.In all fairness they taste really good and I had no patience left in me to wait till tomorrow morning for a photo-session with the ice-cream. Don’t judge me because I don’t judge you I ate 3 scoops of it already. I don’t even know why said serves 3 people I am sure it will be tough to share this one among 2 people.You know what scratched it out, recipe serves 2-3 depending on how well fed you are. Its creamy light and tastes several times better than store bought ice-cream.To quote camila cabello you got some malo in you if you dislike this heavenly treat.
Hope you enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe and share your photos and experiences in comments down below.If you wish to connect with me or share any ideas or if there is a recipe you want me to recreate for you feel free to write to me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 4h
- Total Time: 4h 15m
- 250 grams Blueberries
- 100 milliliters Coconut Milk
- 150 milliliters Coconut Cream
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 50 grams Graham Cracker
- In a heavy bottom pan boil blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan till berries burst.Let it cool completely.
- Whisk together cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Mix cream, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Chill for several hours or till cold. Freeze ice cream in an ice cream maker.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the blueberry sauce. Layer the ice cream base, the remaining blueberry sauce, and the graham cracker pieces in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or till hardened.
- Churn the frozen icecream to make it like store bought ice cream
- Serve with reserved blueberry sauce or fresh fruit