Korean Black Bean Noodles a.k.a Jjajangmeyon, the most famous and highly common Korean Chinese takeout in Korea is Jjajangmeyon noodles.Little did I know that they are super easy to make and require very few ingredients that you already have on hand. Vegetables like squash, potatoes, radish, zucchini and sweet onion compliment this dish very well.You do need fermented black bean paste as a sauce base for this recipe.You can also serve the jjajang sauce on top of warm cooked rice! its called Jjajangbap in Korean. Traditionally crispy fried pork is used in this recipe but I am making a vegan version and skipping it.
Without wasting a lot of time lets jump on to the recipe.
Hope you enjoyed reading, do try out the recipe and share your photos and experiences in comments down below.If you wish to connect with me or share any ideas or if there is a recipe you want me to recreate for you feel free to write to me at mailto:email@example.com
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1 package Hand Pulled Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Zucchini
- 1/3 cup Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Cabbage
- 1/3 cup Radish
- 1 tablespoon Green Onion
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 1 cup Sweet Onion
- 1/4 cup Fermented Black Bean Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper,freshly cracked
For CornStarch Slurry
- 1/3 cup Cold Water
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- Add garlic, green onion and ginger in a wok with some oil and stir fry for about 30-45 seconds till you start to smell the aroma
- Now, add black bean paste and stir fry for a minute; add onion and cabbage and stir fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly soften.
- Add salt, black pepper and sugar, stir to combine. Bring it to boil and reduce heat to medium, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes without cover.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small mixing bowl, pour into Jjajang sauce while you are stirring. You will see the sauce is instantly thicken and glossy. Jjajang is ready to serve!
- In a serving bowl, add noodles and top with jjajang sauce.Serve hot with some julienne slices of cold cucumber for extra freshness.